Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Happy Anniversary Martin


We have been married for nine years and together for thirteen. We have three children - I still feel shocked writing that. We have lived in seven houses (one of them twice, several years apart). He has done a four year degree and changed careers midstream - it was a huge gamble that has paid off in more ways than we could have imagined. I have written books, done a Masters, started this blog, gained and lost 15kg.

An anniversary is a measure. Measures of time - how many people have we made? What have we done? How far have we come? Far enough, for sure, but always in intricate movements, like a dance, round the hall, back in each other's arms before nightfall.

We're not rich. We don't have a new couch or a house with spare rooms. But we have enough. We have the right amount.

At the end of the day, we're happy. What more could we ask?

5 comments:

  1. What more could you ask for indeed. Happy Anniversary to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post. Congratulations! There's surely nothing more important than realising that what you have is enough. Better than enough. I have just discovered your blog recently and wanted to let you know how much I enjoy your posts. Keep reading and writing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary, Penni and Martin. This post made my heart happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember the first time I met Martin - blue nail polish and that party with that conversation. I saw it unfold before me,the beginning of you. A priviledge. Congratulations.
    xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy anniversary guys.

    ReplyDelete