Friday, August 17, 2007

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes

Oh it's hard coming up with those post headings sometimes.

Anyway, I'm going to fiddle around with the template over the next few days. I do like this one, because it reminds me of being in a nice old lady's wallpapered living room, with elevenses on a tiered plate and cups of tea in china cups with pictures of roses on it. But sometimes I find the very long narrow posts hard to read. And the formatting goes funny and photos sometimes look a bit odd.

So I am looking to go back to the cleaner look over Eglantine's early days. Don't be alarmed if everything seems to swing about for a while as I play with it. We will resume normal programming soon. Let's hope I don't accidently delete the whole thing.

---
Edited to add:
Okay, I think this is it. I can no long be bothered fiddle-faffing around.

8 comments:

  1. I'm liking the new look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:10 AM

    mmmm....caaaaake.
    God I need to stop watching the Simpsons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the clean look a lot. Only quibble is that the cake obscures the blog title a little bit. Just a little.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:05 PM

    Very nice but you site is makin' me hungrrrrrrry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to agree with JHQ Penn, I think your title font needs to be bigger/thicker or moved but aside from that, I like the 'freshness' that chocolate brown was nice for winter, but spring needs light and bright. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've moved the title and couldn't make it any bigger where it is, though I don't mind it little - cause of the dark brown and white in the photo no combo of colours or sizes could make it any clearer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. (and thanks everyone for your feedback!!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. (Moving down the page here...)Aren't titles the devil - I get heaps of google searches for song titles, so I'm trying to avoid them now. And I may even change the post 'so much to tell you' because it's just damn misleading to people looking for reviews.
    Beautiful cake, I'm hungry too.

    ReplyDelete