Sunday, November 05, 2006

I love memes


48 things you could care less about
1. First Name? Penelope, but you can call me Penni. Some people call me Nell.
2. Were you named after anyone? Nope, though my dad once had a dog called Penny. And as a child I was deeply fascinated by Penelope, wife of Odysseus/Ulysses and I think it's part of what sparked my interest in myth, Ancient History and stories.
3. When did you last cry? I got teary reading Fred a picture book the other day. The Potato People by Pamel Allen. It's sad - the grandmother is left all alone and you don't know why but you suspect something is amiss.
4. Do you like your handwriting? Yes, now I do. I used to be wildly experimental with it as a teen. I'm glad I dropped the p-h-a-t look and the circles over the 'i's.
5. What is your favourite lunchmeat? King Island smoked beef
6. If you were another person would you be friends with you? Yes, but I'd really give me the shits sometimes. (Am I allowed to swear? Oh yes, it's MY blog.)
7. Do you have a journal? Only inasmuch as I write a blog, which the world is allowed to poke about in.
8. Do you still have your tonsils? Yes.
9. Would you bungee jump? No.
10. What is your favourite cereal? I love a good homemade muesli, with dates and pecans, soaked overnight in organic pear juice (we don't do this very often!).
11. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? Nope.
12. Do you think you are strong? Physically, not really, I'm all soft and noodly. But mentally and emotionally, yes.
13. What is your favourite ice-cream flavour? Passionfruit.
14. Shoe size? 6ish.
15. Red or pink? Pink roses. Red shoes.
16. What is the least favourite thing about yourself? The blobby bits. Actually the fact that I can't just accept and love the blobby bits.
17. Who do you miss most? I'd have loved my nanna to meet my little girls.
18. Do you want everyone to send this back to you? Nah.
19. What colour pants, shirt and shoes are you wearing? I'm wearing two different pyjamas - my purple snowflakes bottoms and Martin's blue chequered top. No shoes. Just toes.
20. Last thing you ate? Vegemite toast. Or Jemmamite, as it is called in this house.
21. What are you listening to right now? Fred's watching Beatrix Potter performed by the London Ballet, so I am listening to the music and to Fred dancing to it and occasionally saying 'look what I can do!'
22. If you were a crayon what colour would you be? I like to think something deep and mysterious like indigo but probably more like a ferny green. Or light brown.
23. Favourite smell? Roses. Mushrooms cooking with garlic. Fred and Una's hair. Easter eggs. My moisturiser (which smells like easter eggs). Their beer soap smells delicious too.
24. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone? Um. Una!
25. The first thing you notice about people you are attracted to? Voice.
26. Do you like who you stole this off? Yes.
27. Favourite drink? Coffee.
28. Favourite sport? Um. I don't think I have one. Not that I hate sport, I recognise it's right to exist alongside me. But over there a bit. And round the corner. I always think if I did like sport it would be listening to the cricket on the radio. I like the idea of that, like if I was a painter or something, it would be nice to have on in the background.
29. Eye colour? Brown. Though Fred says my eyes are black.
30. Hat size? I don't know. My head appears to be in reasonable proportion to my body.
31. Do you wear contacts? Nope. Glasses.
32. Favourite food? It's kind of an in the moment thing (sometimes, mustardy green lentil salad, sometimes pannacotta...) but you can never go wrong with crusty bread and good cheese and maybe some olives.
33. Scary movies or happy endings? Happy endings
34. If you could live anywhere in the world where would that be? In a really big sprawling terrace house or Californian Bungalow in North Fitzroy, but I'd have a little stone house in Greece too.
35. Summer or winter? Summer. Though I also love Autumn.
36. Hugs or kisses? From who?
37. Favourite dessert? Pannacotta.
38. Who is most likely to respond? I don't know
39. Least likely to respond? Most of the known universe.
40. What books are you currently reading? The Memory of Running
41. What's on your mouse pad? I have one of those lap top things where you swirl your finger around, no mouse, no pad.
42. What did you watch on TV last night? Old Buffy episodes
43. Favourite sounds? An orchestra tuning up. Una 'talking', Fred's laugh. The postie's motorbike outside our house. The sound of a good friend's voice on the otehr end of the phone.
44. Rolling Stones or Beatles? Actually to be honest neither, though I know more Beatles songs.
45. The furthest you have been from home? Dunkeld, Scotland.
46. What's your special talent? I stared at this a long time and then I thought, oh yeah. I write books. But Einstein said something along the lines of: 'I don't have any special talent, I am just intensely curious.' I'm inclined to agree.
47. Where were you born? Battery Point, Hobart.
48. Who sent this to you? I stole it from Janet.

4 comments:

  1. I love a bit of question time! If you were another person and you were friends with yourself, would I still be your BEST friend? Could in be in your gang? Or would it be a No-Zoe's Gang (so you could have ONE Zoe, but by the time I trundled along there wouldn't be room for another!) Stupid Simpsons reference, not actual paranoid insecurity(for a change!). I don't think I could ever be my own best friend... I would definately shit me... in fact, I already do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh but from the outside you're so lovable. Or is it loveable. I don't know

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:53 PM

    Glad you did this meme too (I think it's quite a nice one) and somewhat relieved that I'm not the only person in blogland who never unties their shoes. Which I was thinking about this morning, as I untied them to put them on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pink roses, red shoes.

    Luverly.

    ReplyDelete